Thursday, March 31, 2011

Right now, I am listening to a song called "I Cannot Settle Down" by Peter Bradley Adams. It is really beautiful... especially for my mood right now.

Speaking of songs, my soul song has grown. The typical sounds and words (they're jibberish words, but the "words" are the common sounds that I make) that I sing are not the only ones any more, there have been new ones coming up lately. The other day, I sang part of Hope's song. It had to do with a spark, wavering on the horizon. Coming closer slowly, but not close enough to call out to.

My ear buds for my iPod had finally proven worthless for their purpose today - I was writing furiously and so hoping to block out the classroom. I was completely in my story, and had my music up loud enough but not too loud so that others could hear it (another defect of my headphones).

The song is replaying now.

To continue the story of my ear buds, this girl started laughing - right as I was in the good part of my story! It was obvious (not just a hunch, but truly obvious) that she was laughing at me. I gave her a side glance and a humph, and attempted to continue writing. She continued laughing and cackling. I felt like smacking her in the face, I truly did. There are very few things that actually aggravate me, but someone interrupting my writing is one of them. They have ruined a perfect moment in time, two perfect moments really - the perfect moment in my world and the perfect moment in the character's world. How dare she? I did not realize the look I was giving her by this point until she wrote down on a piece of paper (we were in class) that I looked like I was going to kill her. My face that told her she was absolutely ridiculous and juvenile and that I was disgusted with her and would not even waste the energy to smack her anymore made her laugh even harder. The girl in front of me then also started laughing. Both of them, cackling away. Nick, the guy who sits in front of the girl who started all of it, turned around (he was also attempting to listen to his music through crappy ear buds, and he was drawing) and went "HA HA HA how funny, how funny." And his face just said this, purely and simple: "Shut up, you obnoxious b****es."  They shut up instantly, and I nodded my head at him. Two people trying to enjoy some quiet and peace of mind amongst the most obnoxious, juvenile, immature, cranky, self-less, whiny-laughed little girls. By the way, they started laughing again after that.

Anyway, to sum it up, I got new iPod ear buds. They are truly a joy. You can hear absolutely nothing behind them, and they have the best sound, and I am noticing instruments that I've never been able to hear before in some of my songs, especially the symphonies by Shostakovich.

I am writing a story... I do not wish to share it with you here, because it has nothing to do with horses. I love to write stories though, because the characters developing are often similar to me somehow, or similar to someone I know or someone that I would enjoy meeting. I never write plans for my stories - I usually start with one word or phrase that is stuck in my head and vwoosh - it takes off. Pretty soon I have a storyline. Right now, this is the most diligently I have written a story in a long time. I am rather enjoying it. It is quite exciting.

Today is grey and rainy. The horses are safe and warm in the barn. They are munching on their hay right now.

I have also been writing a lot of dyhlas lately - they're like descriptive (really long) paragraphs that tell a few moments in time... they're usually not moments that I actually experience, but that I picture myself in. I rather enjoy them. They are so beautiful. They allow me to go into a world that is similar to my own, but that is different from the present moment in time.

The song is replaying again.

After going up and revising what I wrote, the song has probably replayed a couple more times.

The horses are beautiful. There's a bit of a downer today - Rafik has been taken by Marissa. Although I am usually respectful and accepting towards traditional riders, this horse is so free spirited. He has a docile, caring  side to him in underneath his free, dancing spirit. Unfortunately ... the horses who have this spirit end up being ruined. They end up angry due to their free spirit and depressed because of their caring side being "disciplined". I do not wish to think how he may turn out. I wish that I could do something... But as of right now, I am not sure that I can.

This weekend, it's not going to rain. I'm going to play with Finale and Cherish.

I have been writing notes from my thoughts... Just starting with "I believe..." It just lets the things I believe, lets my philosophy with horses, come more apparent. I love it. I think I will write it here in the next post.

Pictures from the clinic over spring break will come soon.

No comments: