Saturday, March 26, 2011

"I have, after a time, finally found my true natural body language. Interesting... all it took was belief."
After setting this as my Facebook status, I was asked to elaborate on this topic. At first I thought it was a misuse of the word, silly me, as if the person were saying that it was excellent or something. After glancing at it again today, I realized what she had meant when she commented. Here, I will take the time to elaborate.

In January, I decided on something and started out on a quest. It all started with a dream, really, of a brilliant (literally, mentally brilliant) chestnut horse that was much taller in stature than I but still young. What I had with this horse, or what I had, more like it, was amazing. The funny thing was though- even though this horse was the star, there were other horses, one I specifically remember being a grey mare, that I had the same "thing" with. Although so far I did not exactly know what I was looking for... I was sure that it was right.

I knew that what I was looking for was no where to be found in Parelli-land. Although I do love Pat and Linda, they cannot provide all of the information that I need in the world. No, I was looking for something else. I began my search in other natural horsemen and horsewomen, at first not having much luck... I found many people who were just like or similar to Parelli or, on the other hand, were natural intimidators that I really did not wish to learn from. A friend told me that I must speak to Emily Larramore. Upon talking to her, she told me that I should go look at Klaus Hempfling, at which I did immediately. With lack of anything else to say, he was it, and I knew it immediately.

Unfortunately due to the fact that Klaus lives in Denmark, that airfare prices are through the roof, that horse plane-shipping costs must be insane, not to mention that it can be dangerous (after watching International Velvet at a young age, you're pretty much scarred for life on that subject), I'm fifteen years old, and don't have a job, it's virtually impossible for me to see this man in person any time soon. However - I set out knowing that nothing is impossible and that it really didn't matter whether I saw him or not, right? It would definitely be helpful if I could, but I can't, so why stop there? Why let anything discourage me?

I have spent the last few months on this path, now which I know a bit more clearly what it is composed of. In my mind, I have taken great strides and know that success is always around the corner. To tell the truth- the feeling of success is always there for me because every new moment is a win as long as I am striving for the dream.

There are plenty of things that I could speak about, but the purpose of this post is body language.

I tried and tried for days and weeks, no exaggeration included, to find some type of body language. I realized that I had some, but most of what should be there was nonexistent. It began with toes, finger pads, knuckles... the small things that most people wouldn't think about. Interestingly enough, I tend to start small like this, with supposedly "insignificant" things that other people wouldn't think about.

Most of the time, I was reading feedback from my horses to see what they were trying to tell me. I started looking for more in depth conversations that I usually would think to have with them. Interestingly enough, they were definitely there- everywhere! Along with this, I was coming extremely close to myself and as a result both Cherish and Finale lost all signs of trust problems. Unfortunately... now that the trust problems were gone, I had to figure out how to be more dominant without using Phase 4. It might sound funny to some people, but what I have found is that higher Phases actually hinder ability to become more dominant. Slowly, more dominant body language started showing up and I would think of things while playing with the dogs or playing out a fight scene in my head or interacting with another person or even just walking through the halls at school. There are so many things that none of us pay attention to.

Finally, a few days ago, I finally got it. I was walking Cherish out, and she kept yanking for grass. All of a sudden, my heart sang to me (for lack of anything else to say) and I was able to move in exactly the way I should, exactly where I should go, knowing where I needed to be and what to do. Cherish noticed and responded immediately and went wherever I asked her and followed me with the softest expression afterward. It was absolutely amazing. Since then, I have had that with me- not necessarily the feeling, but the body language. The feeling comes only when I truly wish for it to and when nothing - absolutely nothing - is blocking my way.

As for the belief part, truly- all it took from me was to strive for it and was to think of nothing but absolute perfection in knowing my self, in being with the horse in the moment, and in leaving everything stressful behind. All it took was for me to think that I could without any doubt in my head. And so the moment happened. And so it will be carried with me for a long time.

I know that I will continue to follow my path. My path of my dream.

No comments: