Tuesday, December 14, 2010

I will be headed to a very dear friend's house on Friday. Mrs. Nancy and I have known each other since I was about five. I do not know her age- she must be somewhere in her late fifties or early sixties now? It does not matter. She is a wonderful woman and was actually one of the first to give me the gift of riding lessons. She is also who I was with when Cherish found me and when I found Cherish. She has done more for me than she knows, but she does not need to know everything. Anyway, I am very excited to be going and hope to teach her a bit of Natural horsemanship. We had lent her some DVDs last year and bought her a halter, 12' line, and Carrot Stick, but she still isn't understanding it. If she really wants to, I think that I will be able to help her with a mare she has right now that is giving her some difficulty. Jumper is probably a LBI, which I have inferred from the few times that I have met her (pre-Parelli) and what Mrs. Nancy has said about her.

Mrs. Nancy also breeds Trakehner horses with her husband Glenn. To see their website, go to http://www.dogwoodtracetrakehners.com  They have some beautiful and talented horses.

On Thursday I believe that Aubrey is going to come over again and I will teach her some more. Maybe I will test her knowledge on the Seven Games, show her all of what I can do with Cherish, and maybe start to play with some obstacles? It all depends upon how much time we have and what side of corral the horses woke up on. I suppose it also depends upon what side of the bed the humans woke up on...

We will see what the week brings us. I hope to play with Cherish a bit tomorrow but I may not be able to because Kyle has guitar and then Karate. Right now I must go to bed because I am exhausted, and no one should be reading anything this late anyway unless they're in a different time zone.

1 comment:

~Julia~ said...

Hope you have a great time! Let me know how it goes!