Friday, December 10, 2010

First off, the smell of a popcorn bag in the trash in absolutely disgusting, far from its wonderful smell and taste when it has just been opened.

Second is more relevant to this blog, of course having to do with horses.

I was rather disappointed in myself today. Cherish was very RBI and instead of standing with her like she needed, I bounced from thing to thing. I was not a good horsewoman today... I am afraid now though that I will put myself to shame. My shame is much heavier than most people's act of shaming themselves. My shame is an act of being disgusted with myself, putting myself down, closing myself up, and going too far introverted. I am going to steal someone else's phrase and say that I can be hurt fairly bad, but there are very few "cords" that are just right in order to really hurt me. One of the cords, a very sensitive one in fact, has to do with animals. Today it was specifically pressuring Cherish too much and not paying attention to what she needed, then treating Finale to the wrong horsenality as well.

Since I am so frustrated with myself, I've decided that this Friday feels more like a Monday. What's interesting is this Monday felt like a Friday and was probably one of the best Mondays ever. Do they HAVE to switch out?

It wasn't just horses that are putting me to shame. There are many other things that happened in the course of today, yesterday, and Wednesday that were leading up to this "downfall" of a mood. Oh well.

I'm going to go and read my books in underneath my shame blanket.

No comments: