Monday, June 6, 2011

Day Six

Today, when I finally got out of the shower in the morning, it was time to move the pedestal to the arena for Julia so that she could practice with it in there at Liberty. The backfield was beautiful once I stepped out of the truck, although already getting warm and with a bright orange sun beginning to raise over the east ridge. Interestingly enough, I found out recently that it's called "Great Something (I can't remember the word) Mountain" even though it's truly only a ridge/hill.

Once we got the pedestal into the arena, I went to go play with Cherish. To tell the truth, I remember absolutely nothing of what I did until I got on her. For the most part, we just ate grass together with me on her back, being together in a calm way. It was very nice to stand there with her, just to be with her. Eventually, Julia and my mom came over, where we talked about things mostly relating to horses.

Later in the afternoon, we began to make t-shirts - or I made t-shirts while they watched. It wasn't like my mom or Julia could really help, as I had pretty much completely taken it upon myself to create the t-shirts, which I absolutely love for each one of us. Each of us has a different horse face on the front, with "Back to the Herd" written somewhere on the front in pretty lettering. Julia's t-shirt shows a patient, quiet, wise horse (more of a pony - compact and short) with simplistic lined features and a rain drop shaped star on its face. His name was Solo. My mom's t-shirt shows an expressive, humorous, adventurous, spirited Haflinger with flowing, artistic and creative lines and a rounded blaze down his face. His name is Montagne, which is mountain in French. My t-shirt shows a wise, deep, quiet and prideful stallion with detailed, contrasting shades and lines and an intricate mane and forelock pattern with a fairly straight, but more fading, blaze on his face. His eyes are large and knowing. So far, he does not have a name. Each t-shirt was special to each person, and I was very glad that I was able to create them for us.

In the evening, it rained and the wind blew hard. I only went out to see the horses and take care of them then. I remember that I really enjoyed spending time with the horses even though I had really wanted to finish the t-shirts, but I don't have any specifics to offer. They have all been forgotten.

No comments: