Sunday, April 3, 2011

So many people know "where they want to be" when truly, the best place for now is right here. I have heard so many people say "I wish I was at that point" or "I'm not where I want to be"... and even I have been guilty of the second one, but it's usually coupled with "...but I know that I will get there in time." Time, though, is something that can be very manipulating. It can get you in its grasp and show you another day, a better day, that you would rather be in. It tells you, it beckons you to be there... but it will not allow it. It can drive some people insane. I have heard that "The lack of time can make you go insane" but I believe that the addition of time to our lives has made some people go insane, and then to take it away again makes them even more crazy because they have become so dependent on it.

It's great to know your dreams, and things that you would like to accomplish because then you know that you are going somewhere. You feel as if you have a purpose. But there is a greater purpose - it is the moment that we live in. So many people try to figure out why things happen when all they have to do is live in the moment in which things happen. Living in the moment is truly one of the greatest feelings that a person can have - we were meant to live in the moment. If we were meant to live in a tomorrow, we would - but we only truly live in today. When somebody says "What would you do if you only had a week left to live?" my answer is that I have an infinite amount of options to do whatever I want in each moment until I die. We were not made to live for an infinite amount of time - if we did, we would miss out on so many lessons, so many things learned. I have a theory that the moment you knew everything, you would die. Why? Because people are meant to learn. It does not matter whether or not you share the lessons that you learn - that makes you no greater or lesser a person whether you do or not. It matters how you live, how you learn, how your individual self an life fold out and how you respond to all of it.

It's not a trick question: Do you know time?

No comments: