Saturday, April 23, 2011

Ya Gotta Have the Balls

Some of you are probably reading this, chuckling, because yes, I am a teenage girl. This title and the basic content of this blog post popped into my head a few weeks ago, but I did not quite have the "right stuff" yet. Although it was definitely an idea in the making, it wasn't quite happening. I feel now that I am ready to write this blog post, but I do not really have a plan for where it is going. I know the general direction, but how it will really turn out sounding with all of the small details and general piecing of it could be a bit different.

Right now, this is so much like my life. I know that I need to dance with the horses, and I know the general direction of where I am going, but how it will really turn out with all of the small details and the general piecing of it could be different. I know where I need to go for right now - for the basis. I have known this, as I previously knew that my basis would be the above paragraph. But before, I did not know what would lead from that. I was so worried about finding out what would lead from that, directly afterwards, that I could not even begin to think about my life or about my feelings to put into it...

Right now, I write this sitting on my chair, watching my two beautiful girls out the window. They each have their own individual song - you can hear it if you try. They each have one word, a special word, that comes up most in their songs... Each word reminds me of how beautiful they are, inside and out, and of who they are.
--Finale's word is Soleil or Solaie. Soleil is French, for "sun" or "sunshine". To break it up into Latin roots, "sol" can mean sun/sunshine, alone, or comfort/soothe. In Japanese, "ai" means love. In Hebrew, "sol" means peace. The general meanings for this, in various languages, are all relatively the same.Cherish's word is Freija or Freya. After much searching, I have found that these two names are Greek and that they mean "beautiful woman" or "kind mother" or "kind friend". The more common meaning is "goddess of fertility". Instead of choosing to take that in the way that it was meant, (having a lot of foals, which she has) I choose to take it in that she has a beautiful heart and soul, like a fertile land would have beautiful earth and plants.To tell the truth, I had no idea what these words meant, and I had never even heard of them. Ironically enough, I often call Finale "sunshine" and Cherish "my beautiful girl", or "my friend". They are very dear to me.

My two girls have taught me many things, especially that I've gotta have the balls. What then, you're probably asking, do I have to have the balls for? They constantly remind me that I have to have the balls...

Ya gotta have the balls to let go. (this could, and should be, taken in many different ways)


You have to be able to let go of everything you have learned. I'm imagining this is your reaction, in your brain: "What does she mean by this? This is absurdity! Why would she say such a thing? I can't let go of everything I've learned - it's all I know!" Ah- and that is just the catch. It's all you know. What you have learned in the past often keeps you from learning anew... so we have to have the courage to be able to forget about, to unlearn, everything we have learned so that we may truly fly. If you've learned everything wrong, or if you've learned everything about how to walk, trust me, when you go to fly, you won't need it anyway.

You have to be able to let go of the past. So many people swim in the past, only the past - their brains are constantly there, wishing for this and that. I can guarantee you that if you were to try to go back, it would not feel as good, because not everything would be the same. You would become a miserable person, complaining here and there about everything that's different now. Your past does not make you who you are, it simply allows your mind to base its new thoughts off of something. Your past may help your brain to make your habits, but it does not make you. You were already there, the first day you were alive, and even before then - you have always been there. The consistency of your life cannot change who you truly are, it can only change your personality - your habits that you let others see. You are still somewhere in there, on the inside. Your past will only fool with your present, and make you think that you can or can't do something. Your past will fool with your learning, and fool with your journey, if you let it. I'm not saying it's bad to reflect on your past - but to live there is something different.

You have to be able to let go of that little world that so many of us keep so close. You know exactly what I'm talking about - that little place that you disappear to whenever you don't see the present fit enough for your full mental and emotional capacity. True, the little world is of great help when you are in a terrible situation, but so many people use it for practically everything. If you continue and continue to disappear to your little world, parts of you will become a permanent fixture there and it will be very hard to bring you fully out of it. The only way you will be able to truly and fully come out of it will be learning, over time, the different voices and lessons of the world. So, try to get out of that little world... The one that tears you down even though it's so comfortable. That's just the problem: we're all too comfortable there. We are way more comfortable there than we are in our own world, or at least that's what I find with most people that I talk to. Now this is not your own inner world - this is another world, a place between here and there, that completely tears apart your memory and your thought process, and separates and loses you. It's a very destructive little place, but it has taught you to be comfortable there, comfortable with going somewhere so destructive. You don't want to go there.

You have to be able to let go of your assumptions, of your previously set-in-stone thoughts, for nothing can be set in stone if you want to fly amongst the clouds, which are ever changing shape, weight, and consistency. A closed mind often comes with a very open mouth, but we want it to be just the opposite. The most intelligent people are those willing to have an open mind and an open and vivid imagination that is not chained by so called "reality". The reality is that anything we can imagine is most likely possible, but our beliefs stop us from getting these things accomplished. Now, in order to fly, we have to have something to carry us - so far. I wouldn't be surprised if one day, someone came up with something that allowed us to have a mild control on the gravitational forces closest to us, or on our own sphere and aura that surrounds us. I could get into energy circles that surround living creatures and everything of the like, but that's for a different blog entirely, or possibly even a book....

Basically, you have to be able to let go of everything that chains you down so that you can fly freely. You cannot fly with even one chain, with even one piece of you on the ground - anything that makes you heavy, that pulls you down, that forces you to stay down there. This is a metaphor of course, because in order to supposedly "fly" you have to be extremely grounded in that your actual energy force, your emotions, and everything have to "connect to the earth". Once again, most likely for a book.

Use your imagination - see what you can let go of in order to get where you want to be whether it be physically, emotionally, mentally, materialistically, or anything! Your mind sets the boundaries, or completely destroys them. You decide what you'll do with them... I have decided to let go of mine a long time ago. The only boundaries I have (or am conscious of, that is) are those for other people, not for myself.

No comments: