Saturday, November 20, 2010

Well, what a joy. I just lost everything I had written. Yay, impatience. Here's an overview:

I sit at the kitchen table writing this to you. It is surrounded by windows in a half-octagon shape. I have researched architecture (by myself) before, and should remember the name of this space but unfortunately cannot. If you expect me to be completely clear in the morning, you have your hopes set to high. I know, I know, it's 10 AM. Most people would be fully functioning by now. My brain doesn't really start fully functioning until 1 PM. Unfortunately, that's when school is out in an hour. I wish the rest of the world was nocternal like I am... Or that I wasn't.

Georgia lays by the door with a large window. She looks so relaxed in the grey light from outside. I think that dogs are much smarter than we give them credit for. They are the most accomplished optimists of the world, seemingly seeking happiness in everything. Sometimes, I wonder if the reason people would ever beat or neglect their dogs would be because they are so miserable, and they think that no creature should be permitted to carry such happiness while they carry such a burden. Granted, a lot of times it is because... The person just does. No one really understands why people would beat any such animal. You can almost never beat the optimism out of a dog. Once brought out of their hell-hole it seems they go right back to being themselves. People can also bring anger out of a dog, but that's another story. Most of the time it is because the dogs are too spoiled.


The front gate is still adorned with a golden wreath. It is a very bright little color and goes well with the place, especially with the grey of today. (Meaning the grey clouds, not how I feel about life.) The barn also looks better with the grey light, darker in comparison to its usual orange.

I plan to play with Cherish today, hopefully take her on a "trail" ride. I would just ride her in the backfield. She has been progressing well, though I still need to play with her On Line more. Sometimes I accidentally make us seem more savvy than we are, but I hope I won't do that on this blog. Just the other day I was playing at Liberty with her, but only at a walk. We are very connected... As long as it is at a walk. She seems to get very distraught when I ask her to trot, and I almost have to "push" her into it because of the way she refuses. I think that maybe if I just wait... She'll eventually offer a trot for me. I get impatient though, and I want to figure out a way to make her want to trot for me, not comply to trot.

Last night my mom and I watched the Savvy Club DVD called "A Bit of Savvy". Yes, we are a little behind on our DVD watching... We then talked about the Cradle Bridle, and about what my dream farm would be. She was too tired to really talk about her dream farm. To tell the truth... I think she's already found it, in this place. Not everything is perfect here, but she loves it here and so do I. We make do with what we have. We have a lot. It would be nice to have a larger arena or a round pen or more obstacles... But we don't, and that's just fine with us. One day we may, or we may never. I do not know. I know that when I get my own barn, my mother will be the first to lay eyes on it... besides the builders, if there are any. I bet I could do it by myself. Maybe not the house, but if I had a couple people to help me I could probably do the barn and the fencing myself.

I did write about it in a Savvy Club post, commenting on another lady's idea to talk about your dream barn. Unfortunately I didn't get to share all of the details because... Well, I started to cry. Why, you ask? I portrayed the farm as when I was older, and Cherish was no longer alive. I had a whole stall covered in paintings and pictures of her or of things that reminded me of her. It actually made me cry, something I do very little of. My horse can make me cry over simple things. Anyone else has to try very hard, if they're real tears. Real tears are not angry tears. Those are like... evil little minions of the other person coming out to betray you.

Dream on,
Kara

No comments: