Sunday, November 21, 2010

So... Here's a look at the goals, and a bit of reflections.

Last week's goals for Cherish:
  • Get the Yo-Yo Game down to Phase Finger Wiggle
    • We did this a few times, but it is still not consistent.
    • I need to keep playing on this task until she gets it consistently.
    • I figured out that my Phases were not quick enough, so before she had no reason to move.
  • Improve Driving Game for Zone Four and Five
    • We did play with this some, and got pretty good at it at Liberty but she was still getting confused On Line. I think for this game, we need to use the 22' Line if it's going to be On Line, because she doesn't understand when I'm so close with the 12'.
  • Improve speed of hindquarter disengagement at Liberty
    • We improved the speed a little bit, but more of the quality was improved than the speed. That's good for me!
  • Improve Sideways Game
    • Yep, we did this! She was going consistently sideways without having to be reminded all the time "Move your front.. Ah, ah, move your back... Move your front... move your back..." She actually started to gain responsibility!
  • Do more traveling Circling Game On Line at walk and trot
    • Yes, we did this! We need to continue with this, as she's not perfect, but she was doing much better than she was before, and so am I!
  • Be able to back from tail without help of rope
    • Yes! We got this down very well. She was even doing it from Liberty a bit! She really didn't need the rope, it was just an "I'm holding your hand" type thing.
  • Work on the bow
    • Yes, we did this. She's starting to get it, but still a bit confused. We need to continue working on this.
  • Work on Fluidity
    • This turned perfect. All I need to do is not try so hard and stay on my seat bones.
  • Use lighter phases
    • In order to use lighter phases, I had to use faster phases!
  • Be provacative
    • I was definitely provacative. Being particular also helped me be more provacative.

Okay, and here's Cherish's goals for this week:

  • Continue practicing perfectly with Fluidity
  • Continue practicing perfectly with the Phase Finger Wiggle in the Yo-Yo Game
  • Continue improving hindquarter disengagement at Liberty
  • Continue improving Sideways Game
  • Continue teaching the bow
  • Keep playing the traveling Circling Game
  • Improve the Squeeze Game
  • Be particular about things, but don't be critical
  • Ride with one Carrot Stick- work towards more efficient bridle-less riding
  • Expect a lot, accept a little, reward often
  • Laugh and talk to her more
Finale's goals from last week:
  • Improve Circling Game confidence
  • Work on more and more Friendly Game
  • Try Sideways Game
  • Get her ready for possible new student
  • Work on Freestyle
  • Understanding
  • Include obstacles
  • Be particular and not critical
Overall, I really think I may have set my goals a bit too high for the time that I spent with her. I either need to spend more time with her or have less goals. Because Cherish is my angel pony, partner, and level's horse, she tends to get more attention than I give Finale. When I look back, the time that I did spend with Finale was too stressful for her because I was too goal oriented.

Goals for this week for Finale:
  • Friendly
  • Driving
    • Friendly and Driving will help more with the Circling game and going towards the Sideways game
  • Spend more time with her
    • This is really important, especially undemanding time. Take a book out, a notebook, and just sit with her.
  • Don't be too goal oriented
    • This was my mistake last week. This week I need to focus on what she's having challenges with, and less on the higher goals.
  • Take her ideas and turn them into mine
    • This will help her want to do more for me
  • Use the obstacles, be provocative
    • She likes to play! Use her play drive for a benefit

No comments: