Sunday, November 21, 2010



Last night, I became truly fluid with Cherish. I had been trying and trying to get this again, as it was something on my goals for  along time. It was at the trot, and with only the 12' rein.

I'm a little bit wobbly today, meaning I'm having troubles standing. I'm dizzy and as of right now, don't know exactly why. I have an idea, because I've had dizzy spells before, all after I fell off of Masterpiece and got a concussion. This one is especially long and worse than they usually are though. It feels like I've hit my head on something and it's the next morning. This isn't too likely, since I moved all of my furniture last night and don't really have anything I could have hit my head on near my bed. Unless of course, I was half-sleep walking again...

There's a dragonfly's (or something else's) fragile wing on my pants leg. It's very pretty and dainty. I will have to show you in a picture.

I went and took the dogs out and fed the horses. Sarge had great fun with his jolly ball (Yes, it is for the horses.) The whole morning had a calming light about it and the day was a bit foggy around the edges. All three of the horses were waiting for me at the gait- impatience and patience level varied upon the individual. The cat wanted to be scratched, all of the animals wanted attention, and I was definitely willing to give it. The animals are like therapy.


I did wake up at 8:30 this morning! I was very proud of myself. (Sorry for the little side thought, carrying on.)

Once they all had there hay, they were happily munching on it. They continued to switch piles as if the one they didn't have was the better one. I am now sitting on a brick wall watching them eat the grass, which is very little in their pasture. Their hooves plod across the ground as if they are completely safe where they are- and they most likely are. Every once in a while, Cherish lifts her head up to watch me sit here. She stands by the nearest fence and the other two are on the other side of the pasture, and couldn't care less if I was outside or not. Cherish watches me quietly, not nervously, not a quick glance, but a contented gaze... It's funny, because it is the same look I gaze at her with. Interesting that we're so alike, even in the way we look at each other. (I am forever wanting to put no space between each and other. Each time I write it, google chrome tells me that I am wrong and I must go back and fix it with its red line.)

I am sitting here by the window, with my laptop propped up onto a little box. The box is an antique apple crate, I believe, and it's very pretty. Next to it is my antique dental cabinet. I know it's a dental cabinet why? Well, first of all, it said so on the tag... And second, when I got it, there was a bunch of nasty old dental things in the bottom not allowing the drawer to close. It was slightly disgusting, due to the fact that they were old and had been in someone's mouth, but they were also fascinating... How could they have been there for all of those years and no one had ever found them? (They did look like torture devices.)

Carry on with your mornings (or almost-noons),
Kara

No comments: