Monday, July 11, 2011

A Learning Way

Julia:


A lot of horse people nowadays keep saying "What if?" when playing with their horses (including me!) What do you think of the power of 'What if...' ? Can it be used for good or is it just a negative thing?


My answer:

The power of "What if?" is very strong. It implies not only "what if?" but your general way of thought and your thought processes. If you can say to yourself, or if you simply and already do, say "I can!" then you're already winning. With the mindset of terrible and tragic things, your ride or your time with your horse is most likely going to be not as you hoped. 


Take, for example, the way that I typically look at my life. I know that I will always be involved with horses. I know that, at one point, I would love to have a ranch, but that that is not what really matters. What matters to me is that I do something that I love for a job, that I can have or be with a horse that is very special to me, and that I am completely spontaneous and enjoy my life fully. I know that as I grow up and have my own money, I will have my own unique style. I know that i may have to give away my horses a couple of times, but I know that they will go to great homes. I know that my life will be the best it can be simply because I am hapy with just about any way it is, as long as I am joyful. And how would I be joyful? By simply knowing that I was.


The human mind is extremely powerful in their life. If you think that your life is bad, it is. If you think that your life is good, it is. There is a man that goes to the church that my mom goes to and works there as a janitor/handi-man. He rarely gets to stop and listen to the services because he always has so much work to do. His name is Lionel. He has another job as well. whenever you approach him, he runs to you with a huge smile and throws his arms out to hug you. He says, "Mornin, mornin, mornin..." with the largest smile you've ever seen on a man. he proceeds to say that he loves you so much several times, that you are a joy to his eyes, and when you ask him how he's doing, this is what he says: "Oh, honey, work is never done, work is never done, but that's how the Lord placed me in the world, and that's how I like it. It's a beautiful day dear, a beautiful day, and boy, do I feel like singing." Lionel is not rich. He does not have family. I'm not even sure if he has a house, because he may just have living quarters in the church. But Lionel is happy. Lionel loves where he is. And quite frankly, Lionel is one of the most beautiful people I have ever met.


Going by this, we are safe to say that your outlook on life, and on everything, most definitely does affect your life. Lionel never thinks that work is too much, and Lionel never believes that he should be somewhere else in life. He is happy where he is. If you are constantly saying to yourself, "What if... this happens and it all goes wrong?" It will definitely all go wrong, but maybe not the way you thought that it would. Your inner self will become more and more nervous, more and more negative, and over time, you will become more and more withdrawn from yourself. Your self is beautiful, and you need to live it to the fullest! It is all that you need to do... And "What ifs" are not always bad.... You could say to yourself, "What if I could do this?" But the important thing is, is that it'snot the just what if that matters. It's the fact that you ask yourself, you know that you can, and you have faith that with YOU as the guide of your life, with some help from others (and if you are spiritual/religious, whoever your leader is) along the way, it will happen.

No comments: